A variety of development activities are carried out by the International Tennis Federation, and member nations can apply to benefit from them depending on their eligibility status. These activities are divided into four specific pillars that cover all areas of development support: Coaching, Events, Facilities & Programmes (Performance and Participation), listed below with examples of projects carried out in Europe:
ITF National Association Support Programme
On 08 June 2020 the ITF Board announced a series of new programmes designed to provide financial support to our member National Associations and players in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Further information can be found in the documents below. In case of any questions please contact: ITF Development Officer Europe Vitor Cabral or Tennis Europe's Development Manager Maciej Szymonski.
As part of its Advantage All gender equality initiative, the ITF is profiling female leaders and role models from within the sport. It follows a 2020 ITF Female Leadership Survey that identified the lack of female role models as one of the greatest challenges women face in their careers.
More information concerning the campaign can be found here.
- European 14 & Under A Team
- European 14 & Under B Team
Initial training camp followed by a five week tour of events, for a specially-selected group of players from qualifying nations. Due to visit tournaments in July/August 2019. (Open to ITF Tier 1-3 Eligibility nations)
- European 16 & Under Team
Initial training camp followed by a four week tour of events for a specially-selected group of players from qualifying nations. Visited tournaments in Europe in June 2019.
(Open to ITF Tier 1-3 Eligibility nations)
- Grand Slam Player Grants
- International Junior Player Grants 2021
- European grant recipients in 2021 are:
- Weronika Baszak (POL)
- Kristina Dmitruk (BLR)
- Victoria Jimenez Kasintseva (AND)
- Karlis Ozolins (LAT)
- Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune (DEN)
- GSDF ITF International A Team to Europe
Administration & Resources
- ITF Subscription Rebate Programme* (Further info | Guidelines)
* Eligibility: Class B 1-share nations - Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Cyprus, Estonia, Georgia, Iceland, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, San Marino.
To find out how your federation can apply for development assistance, click here.