Tennis Europe Academy
The new Tennis Europe Academy opened its doors for the first time in the autumn of 2018 to offer training camps for groups of elite young players (aged 14&Under and 16&Under) from Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 member nations.* The Academy is a collaboration between Tennis Europe, the Czech Tennis Association and Tennis Club Prostejov and provides a unique opportunity to train alongside other elite players and national teams from across Europe under the tutelage of TC Prostejov's highly experienced team of coaches, led by former ATP world #5 Jiří Novák. National association coaches participating in the camp will also be highly involved.
TRAINING PERIODS: APRIL/MAY 2019
There is a possibility to participate in two camps in a row.
TRAINING PERIOD: JUNE
TRAINING PERIOD: SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER
- 29th September - 5th October 2019
Entry forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and duly signed by the respective National Association.
The number of players for each camp is limited to 12.
Local organisers will provide a guardian who will take care of players 24/7. Neverthless, preference will be given to national teams travelling and participating in the camp with national coaches over players travelling and participating in the camp with individual coaches.
A special offer of €500 per person for the whole package (7 days) is available during the camps in April 2019.
This price includes return transport from Vienna Airport.
It does not include: travel expenses, visas, insurance, additional (accompanying) persons, stringing, saunas, etc.
Please note that National Associations/players are fully responsible for their travel arrangements and insurance.
Accompanying persons (parents, coaches, etc) will pay their own costs on site. There are special offers for accommodation (including breakfast: double room 900 CZK/night – approx. €36, single room 1100 CZK/night - approx. €44). Full hospitality is also available for an extra 650 CZK/day (approx. €26). This must be ordered on arrival at reception. Price for transportation to/from Vienna airport is €30 per additional person each way.
Attendance at the camps includes:
- Tennis classes with TC Prostejov coaches (3-4 hours per day)
- Fitness classes with TC Prostejov coaches (1.5 hours per day)
- Meals (Full Board)
- Accommodation at the 3-star Hotel Tennis Club
- Return transport from Vienna Airport
Training Camp schedule:
- 1st day - arrival day, evening welcome meeting
- 2nd - 6th days - full camp schedule
- Last day - half day practice until noon, departures
TC Prostejov is one of Europe's best-known facilities and has hosted many international events, being the home of the final rounds of the ITF World Junior Tennis tournament. The tennis complex is situated in a quiet area of Prostejov. The facilities include 11 clay courts and 1 hard court. In case of bad weather, two inflatable indoor halls, one of which has a hard court, are accessible throughout the year. Also in the area there is the Hotel Tennis Club, which offers luxurious accommodation, and includes three indoor hard courts, 3 squash courts, a fitness center, bowling, a sauna, swimming pool, solarium, massage and more.
A special offer exists for the April training camps, which are being subsidised by Tennis Europe. For further information, please contact Maciej Szymonski (+48 606 850 712).
* According to ITF Development Eligibility Criteria 2018 (Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine).