Tennis Europe Academy
The new Tennis Europe Academy opened its doors for the first time in the autumn of 2018 to offer training camps for groups of elite young players (aged 14&Under and 16&Under) from Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 member nations, nominated by their national tennis federations.*
The Academy is a collaboration between Tennis Europe, the Czech Tennis Association and Tennis Club Prostejov and provides a unique opportunity to train alongside other elite players and national teams from across Europe under the tutelage of TC Prostejov's highly experienced team of coaches, led by former ATP world #5 Jiří Novák. National association coaches participating in the camp will also be highly involved.
Next Training Periods:
- 24 - 30 April 2023 - THE TRAINING CAMP IS FULL.
Please note that new applications cannot be considered.
The Camp in Prostejov includes:
- Pick up from Vienna airport on Arrival Day.
- 5 days (Tue.-Sat.) of training under supervision of Jiri Novak
- Departure to Vienna airport on Departure Day.
21 players from 11 nations (11 girls + 10 boys) are currently enjoying the April 2023 Training Camp. More news to come.
- The camp (accommodation, meals, training)
- Players and nations will be accepted on first come, first served basis
- Not included: travel expenses, visas, insurance, additional (accompanying) persons, stringing, saunas, etc.
- Cost of coach/guardian is 500 EUR and needs to be covered by the Federation
Please note that National Associations/players are fully responsible for their travel arrangements and insurance.
This unique opportunity of a Training Camp in Prostejov includes:
Arrival day: 24th April – Monday – pick up from Vienna airport can be arranged.
Training Camp: 5 days (25th – 29th April) of training under supervision of Jiri Novak.
Departure day: 30th April – Sunday – half day training and departure day.
The April 2023 offer (accommodation, meals, training) is free of charge for the accepted players. The number of available places is limited to 16.
Players and nations will be accepted on first come, first served basis.
Please note that all available places are already taken.
The cost of accompanying persons (coach – full board) is: 500 EUR per whole stay. Please note that players needs to be accompanied by coach or other legal guardian.
All additional costs must be settled by the players/national associations on site.
Attendance at the camps includes:
- Tennis classes with TC Prostejov coaches (3-4 hours per day)
- Fitness classes with TC Prostejov coaches (1.5 hours per day)
- Meals (Full Board)
- Accommodation at the 3-star Hotel Tennis Club
- Return transport from Vienna Airport
Training Camp schedule:
- 1st day - arrival day, evening welcome meeting
- 2nd - 6th days - full camp schedule
- Last day - half day practice until noon, departures
TC Prostejov is one of Europe's best-known facilities and has hosted many international events, being the home of the final rounds of the ITF World Junior Tennis tournament. The tennis complex is situated in a quiet area of Prostejov. The facilities include 11 clay courts and 1 hard court. In case of bad weather, two inflatable indoor halls, one of which has a hard court, are accessible throughout the year. Also in the area there is the Hotel Tennis Club, which offers luxurious accommodation, and includes three indoor hard courts, 3 squash courts, a fitness center, bowling, a sauna, swimming pool, solarium, massage and more.
For further information, please contact Maciej Szymonski (+48 606 850 712).
* According to ITF Development Eligibility Criteria 2023 (Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine).