Last week proved to be a successful one for Lucie Slamenikova (CZE) and Alexey Frolov, as they both conquered the singles and doubles titles at the Category 1 14 & Under tournament in Burgas, Bulgaria. Slamenikova now has four doubles titles under her belt, while the singles title is her first of this year. Following his triumph at Tim Essonne, Frolov managed to secure his second singles trophy, bringing him closer to the Race to Monte-Carlo contenders.
In the girls’ draw, both finalists Lucie Slamenikova and Briyana Ivanova (BUL) breezed through the week, winning all their matches in straight sets. They first played against each other in the doubles final, won by the Czech together with partner Andreya Glushkova (BUL) 6-4 7-6. As for the singles final, it was clearly dominated by Slamenikova, who claimed victory after a quick match with the score of 6-1 6-1.
Slamenikova’s road to the title:
R2: def. Andreea Anghelescu (ROU 6-0 6-0
R3: def. Monika Gospodinova  (BUL) 6-1 6-1
QF: def. Maria Valentina Pop  (ROU) 6-4 6-1
SF: def. Sakino Miyazawa (JPN) 6-1 6-3
F: Briyana Ivanova  (BUL) 6-1 6-1
Alexey Frolov caused several upsets on his way to the final, defeating three seeded players without dropping a set. Facing top seed Samim Filiz (TUR) in the singles final, he had a tough first set, but went all in during the second one and won 7-6 6-0. Frolov later returned to the same court with his doubles partner and compatriot Artem Semenov, emerged victorious against the pair of Leon Sloboda (SVK) & Itamar Verthaimer (ISR) and so left Bulgaria with 2 big trophies in hand.
Frolov’s road to the title:
R2: def. Plamen Kolev (BUL) 6-1 6-0
R3: def. Ziya Ayberk Aydin  (TUR) 7-5 6-3
QF: def. Itamar Verthaimer  (ISR) 6-3 6-3
SF: def. Laurentiu Badea  (ROU) 7-5 6-4
F: def. Samim Filiz  (TUR) 6-1 6-1
Elsewhere on the TEJT last week:
- Anna Pircher (AUT) played her 4th singles final and 3rd doubles final in Correggio, Italy and won both 14&U titles
- Marie Johanna Lapimaa (EST) and Ken Ink (EST) claimed their first 16&U singles titles on home soil, at the Estonian Junior Open
- In Budapest, Eneas Burde (AUT) came all the way from the qualifying round and upset 3 seeded players in the main draw. His winning streak was stopped in the final by Swedish William Johan Kjellberg 
- Nikola Farkasova (SVK) won her first ever 14&U title at the VARITEX Lodz Cup in Poland
- Anna Shchavinska (UKR) & Ivan Bobetic (CRO) won the 12 & Under Category 1 tournament in Koper, Slovenia*
*European Cat.1 winners qualify to compete at the season-ending 12&U Festival in Mallorca (subject to conditions).
For all the latest news, draws, scores and live streaming, download the new Junior Tour mobile app, available now free-of-charge for Apple and Android devices.