2013 Coaches' Education Conference
This page contains a variety of resources relating to the third Tennis Europe Coaches' Education Conference, which was held in Valencia (ESP), from 4-6 October, 2013.
Conference Fact Sheet | Provisional Programme | Hotel Fact Sheet
Glossary of Terms
This .pdf document contains definitions of the key terms related to competency-based education.
Maps of Activities & Tasks: CAP Coach | CBI Coach | CHP Coach (.xls files)
Excel documents which describe activities and tasks for the coaches of Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and High Performance players.
International Sport Coaching Framework (.pdf)
This .pdf document was prepared by the ICCE (International Council for Coaching Excellence) and ASOIF (Association of Summer Olympic Games). The purpose of the Framework is to provide an internationally recognised reference point for the education, development and recognition of coaches.
CBI Coach Competencies (.xls)
This document contains Competencies, Performance Criteria and Descriptions of Performance Standards which will be discussed during the conference. The initial worksheet of the document contains the Learning Outcomes, Key words, Performance Criteria and the methods of collecting evidence about candidates' competency.
By clicking on a cell containing particular performance criteria you will be directed to the relevant worksheet which contains the related 'Description of Performance Standard'. You can return to the initial worksheet by clicking on the cell 'Description of Performance Standard'.
Full Version | Executive Summary
Presentations - Day 1
1. Hrvoje Zmajic - Introduction
2. Miguel Crespo - Elements of Competency-based CE system, Glossary of terms & mutual understanding
3. Hrvoje Zmajic - European standards in coaches education
4. Bernard Pestre - Key coaching competencies
5. Mark Tennant - Specific coaching competencies for introducing tennis to adults
6. Miguel Crespo & Merlin van de Braam - ITF Recognition of national coaches education systems
7. David Sanz - Cooperation/Integration of federation and university based education
8. Carl-Axel Hageskog & Nikalas Fjeldstad - Case Study - Sweden
9. Penny Crisfield - Facilitator training
10. Dan Thorp & Jane Bowen - Facilitator Software
11. Frank van Fraayenhoven - Collecting evidence and assessment procedures in competency based education
Online Gallery | Download (.zip file, 20MB)